Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hummingbird

I recently made a cross stitched hummingbird wall hanging for my friend's birthday.  The lady I made it for is my Pastor's mom, Mrs. Knox.  She faithfully comes to church and always has a smile on her face!  She also does much work in the tape room at church.  The tape room is where all of our pastor's recorded messages are kept.  She keeps them organized, puts labels on all the tapes and cd's, and packages them, along with books and Bibles, to be mailed.  She is very hard working.  She is in her mid to late 80's and has faithfully served the Lord in this way for a very long time.  We have sat next to her in church for years!

Mrs. Knox loves birds.  She and my brother share that in common.  She often brings Dougie bird magazines.  Since her favorite bird is the hummingbird, I decided to make her this for her birthday.



I got the pattern from sewingseed.com and the idea to wrap the hoop in fabric from littleloveliesbyallison.com

Have a great rest of the week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great job Annie. I know Mrs. Knox will love it. Really creative to cover the hoop. :)

    ReplyDelete