Friday, August 31, 2012

Fun Friday


Reading...It is one of my favorite hobbies.  From time to time I would like to share about a good book.

I recently read a very good book called Jessie Wells.  I had to write a book report on it for school.  I thought I would share part of it with you, so you can know a little bit about the book. 

 
Jessie Wells
 

Jessie Wells was written by Isabella Alden in 1866.  When Jessie seeks God, trials and many hardships come up.  She tries to do what is right, but finds it very hard to do.  She has many decisions to make and seeks help from her pastor and his wife.  Once she finally becomes faithful to Bible reading, prayer, and church, she finds it is much easier to do right.  She is the only person in her family who is saved.  Jessie has an older brother who has gone down a terrible road in his life. Will she be able to help him?  When her younger sister becomes very ill, Jessie's heart changes and she realizes the urgency of being a better witness.  I don't want to say too much about what happens in case you want to read it.
 
I highly recommend this book because it is about a Christian girl.  Books about Christians are the best because we can ALWAYS learn something good from them!  The story of Jessie can greatly encourage any reader in their relationship with God and with others.  The author, Isabella Alden, does a great job with this in all of her books. 
 
 
You can find this book at keepersofthefaith.com.
 
Have a great weekend.
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the book Jessie Wells!

    I think your blog is lovely, Annie! You did a beautiful job with it.
    I'd love to have you visit my blog someday!
    http://mazzoumemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete