Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Catching Up

I know it has been a very long time since I have updated my blog.  We have been very busy over the last two months.  So, here is a little of what we've been doing!

Over Thanksgiving break we went to St. Augustine with my grandparents and my dad's aunt.  We had a lot of fun.  One fun thing we did was we went to the old Spanish fort.  Below is a picture of the inside of it.


 
 
Here is a picture of my brother, my dad's aunt, and me. 
 


My dad's aunt took a family picture of us.  I really like this one. 


I've also been busy with my crocheting.  I made owl hats...one is pictured below.


Then we had a baby shower at our church for a lady who is expecting.  I made her a basket of balls.  2 of every color so that the baby can sort them by colors and he/she can also use them to count.  Below is a picture of them ( definitely not the best picture ever, but I guess it will do!)


Then my grandma had a baby shower at her church, so I made her a little bonnet.  I absolutely LOVED making this bonnet and will most definitely be making it again.  I got the pattern here.  I added the scalloped edge to make it a little more frilly. 





I really like the back of it.  I think it is very sweet as is the whole bonnet!  :)


Another thing we did was we went to South Caroline for 8 days.  It was great to see all the family.  My grandparent live there and also my uncle, aunt, and 5 cousins!  Here is a picture of half of the group!  We went to Don Pablo's one night for dinner when the older boys, my dad, and my grandpa went to a hockey game!



I've also made some flower hair clips.  They are so cute and easy to make.



A really great friend of ours had a birthday in December.  So, my Mom and I made her a cross stitched wall hanging with the name of her Etsy shop embroidered on it.  I made a little owl to hang from the bottom of it.  This lady loves owls!

Here are the pictures.


My Mom made this part of it and I made the owl.



I have also been reading my Bible every day.  The Bible truly is the best book you can ever read.  I am reading my Bible this year with a schedule. 





I have also been learning verses on the catgory of "All Have Sinned".  Such great verses! 



Well, there is a little catch up for you all!  I will definitely be posting more often now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment